View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road
Default Listen there's no doubt they belong in a playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Hawaii's schedule this year was no weaker than BYU's schedule in '84.

I have no problem with Hawaii getting a BCS game, but I do think they got hosed. Just like when BYU was awarded the title in '84 for being the only undefeated team in the country, Hawaii should have at least had a shot at the title.

Why do I think this? Because the BCS is corrupt and unfair to any team that isn't a member of a BCS conference. It's all crap. So any time one of the so-called little guys can get in, it's a good thing.
and I'm all for that. Just like C Connecticut St gets in the NCAA Bball tourney if they win their conference. They just didn't belong in the current format. The disemboweling they took only proved it.

Look, I understand by the way (not necessarily directed at you IPU) that Illinois and Oklahoma got boat raced in their bowl games. They were both dominated, but you're in denial if you think they were somehow equally inept with Hawaii. Hawaii didn't look like they could tie their shoes. Illinois and OU at least resembled football teams. Hawaii could have lost by 60. They seriously sucked royally, as predicted.

Does anyone really think Illinois played as bad as Hawaii did in their bowl game? Sure they both lost by 31, but Hawaii was UNLV awful.