View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I don't understand the love affair with Obama or Hillary, because I view Mormons as mostly economic conservatives.

Of course, I don't understand the love affair with government solutions.

The unfortunate thing is Reagan Republicans are nowhere to be seen.
I dont see it as a love affair. As Iowa has shown, nobody can stand Hillary. People are ready to move on.

W's razor thin margin of victory in 2004 was, in large part, a referendum on the war. No prior sitting president had been ousted during wartime. A slight majority of America wanted to keep things status quo to give W the chance to fix things or deliver on his prio continued representations of success.

This election is no different. Once again, it is a referendum on the war, but this time, America is saying, "You had your chance...time for change." Ironically, the same GOP that doggedly supported W is now bearing the brunt of his failures.

Although you are not an Obama supporter, did you hear his speech last night? Were you not even slightly impressed? I thought he did a really great job.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote