View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Bronco has firmly demonstrated that he can take a talented group of players, which he largely inherited, and get a consistently high level of productivity out of them.

Bronco has firmly demonstrated that he has a firm grasp on player relations, admin relations, alumni relations, all to an nth level higher than Crowton.

Bronco has firmly demonstrated that he can get a high level of production out of marginal players, like the 4 walk-ons that started in the secondary this year and yet produced a top 10 or 15 defense.

It tentatively appears that Bronco is adept at identifying quality D-1 talent that will fit in at BYU and still meet BYU's competitive needs. This, IMO, is the biggest remaining unknown about Bronco. However, 2008 and 2009 will largely answer those questions.

IMO, there isn't one other person out there that is as uniquely qualified to lead BYU's football program as Bronco is right now. I pray to all that is holy that when Bronco hangs up the clipboard or perchance ventures to greener pastures that someone else has been sufficiently prepared to fill that gigantic void.
I agree with you here. I can't think of anyone else in the pipeline that would probably get as excited with the spiritual side of the coaching assignment.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote