View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Was this recent or was it from some years ago? Only asking because the final question about "Do you feel worthy..." no longer has the "in every way" part. "In every way" was taken out a few years back.

I've asked the "Are you honest..." question in TR interviews before. The people that give the "thoughtful nuanced answer" are a dime a dozen. After asking the question a hundred times, you get tired of hearing the thoughtful nuance. The question is "Are you". It's a yes or no question. It doesn't make one look more thoughtful to say "As best I can" - as if that person was the first person to ever think about what it really means to be honest. Everyone has to think about it. Everyone has to use their nuanced thought process to arrive at the determination that they are or aren't honest in their dealings. Answering "I try to be" or "as best I can" adds no value - it buys you nothing and contributes nothing. In my opinion, the "I try to be" type of answer is just a cop out.
Well you may tire of people carefully considering the answers and then replying back thoughtfully, but damnit all it's once every two years a person supposedly is giving an accounting of his commitment to his covenants.

I don't get that attitude. If it's supposed to be a pro-forma, just have us fill it out online. People are being earnest and trying. Because you want a check the box answer seems way out of line.