View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #13
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
It's not that I don't want people to carefully consider the answers. It's that they don't need to bother to tell the interviewer that they've thought about it. their thought process. EVERYONE has the same thought process. EVERYONE has to consider what it means to be honest. EVERYONE has to come to a conclusion about whether they are honest or not. "I try to be" or "As best I can" is not coming to a conclusion.

I want people to consider it. I want people to ponder it. I want people to be thoughtful. I want people to determine whether they are or aren't honest. The interviewer can't make that determination. People have to make that determination. "I try to be" or "As best I can" seems like it is expressly avoiding making that determination.

I appreciate your point of view, but I think your opinion is skewed by the fact that you do (or did) this all the time. For me, it only happens only 24 months. I am not avoiding making the determination, as I expressly do that in my answer the last question.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote