View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
It's not that I don't want people to carefully consider the answers. It's that they don't need to bother to tell the interviewer that they've thought about it. their thought process. EVERYONE has the same thought process. EVERYONE has to consider what it means to be honest. EVERYONE has to come to a conclusion about whether they are honest or not. "I try to be" or "As best I can" is not coming to a conclusion.

I want people to consider it. I want people to ponder it. I want people to be thoughtful. I want people to determine whether they are or aren't honest. The interviewer can't make that determination. People have to make that determination. "I try to be" or "As best I can" seems like it is expressly avoiding making that determination.
So if a person looks back at his life and remembers a time, where he may not have been completely honest, he's supposed to answer No and be disqualified?

You're expecting too much. What about those times where one wrestles "what should I disclose, what should I not disclose, was that hones?" I've had those times, haven't you?

So the answer then is, well most of the time I am, but there are times where I'm not certain.

It seems what you're saying is you're too busy to work the interview, you want that person to have already wrestled with it, and not waste your busy time, because you're too important the pesky member shouldn't be sitting there without the form pre-filled out.