View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just got home from the game....

A few things.....

1. When we get 6 points from Plaisted, and 0 from Tavernari I would put my life savings on a Loss for the cougars. The bench really stepped up, and the minutes they played early in the year really seemed to help them stay calm and focused.

2. Nevill is not a bad post player, he looked tougher today than he has in any game this season, I think Boylen challenged him and Luke outplayed Trent in a big way.

3. Utah is awful offensively even with Nevill having a decent game, they run one play, Kepkay looked horrible, Drca was decent had a few nice drives but the miss on the front end of the one in one takes all that away. I know they shoot a high percentage and they are among the nations leaders but how many possessions ended in them not even getting a shot off or a hurried shot?

4. Boylen may be a great motivator but he was absolutely outcoached tonight. Like I said Utah ran one play, a post entry to Nevill and then stand around and let him shoot. When they went to play number 2 which was a pick and roll they scored once, BYU called a timeout came out in a zone for a possession or two and Utah never went back to it. Also the play at the end of the game was awful, great call by Boylen on that one.

5. Jimmer and Collinsworth are gamers, they play hard every possession go balls to the wall, and they will be very good in the future. Also Mike Loyd is a great on the ball defender.

6. The Ute fans were pretty loud at times, but the announced attendance of 14,229 was an absolute joke. I would say 11k tops. The whole upper section had holes in it. After the game we were flipped off constantly and it made me feel good. We even had a guy call us "geek Mormons" and try to fight me. I just kept smiling, all the way down the hill we were constantly flipped off. It did not bother me one bit.

7. This is a nice win and should be a big confidence booster for the Cougars, two big games at home this week, if we can take care of business at home 4-1 after playing the top 4 teams in the conference looks very good.