View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM   #6
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Do you really think people bash Huckabee because of his politics and not because of his evangelical support base? Mormons hate Huckabee because his particular religious delusions do not coincide with their own religious delusions.
I don't care for Huckabee because he takes cheap shots at Romney and injected Christian vs. Mormon into the race. He can't shut up about Romney's money. And he's an idiot on just about everything.

I've spent my life working and interacting with Evangelicals, getting along with the vast majority. Please spare me the suggestion that my dislike for Huckabee is religion based. It's when they start to challenge my beliefs that I tire of them. Huckabee qualifies in this respect.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote