Thread: "Worthiness"...
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #44
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I think you and I might be much closer than I originally thought. My thought on it is simple. If a person is trying to apply the atonement in his life, his actions are irrelevant from the position of "worthiness" he is worthy based on that effort and can have the Holy Ghost with him always. For me worthiness isn't a checklist of things done right and wrong. It is a single item and it says "Am I trying to apply the atonement in my life?" Anyone who can honestly check that box can have the constant presence of the Holy Ghost. that is why it is different than just being inspired by the spirit and why it is given to those who have accepted Christ but not to those who haven't.
I don't disagree with this (see, wasn't that easy? ). The only time there's a checklist is for the temple recommend, a clumsy but necessary way for a man--who cannot peer into the soul of another--to determine "temple worthiness."

Other than that, I think the Spirit will always descend upon a sinful but penitent soul.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote