View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Well let's give the other guy a try, we're angry at our folk. This argument makes especially little sense of Republicans vis-a-vis Democrats.

Would Jews in Germany ever had thought of voting for the Nazis if their leaders weren't doing a great job for them? I realize Nazi invocation reduces credibility but why would somebody abandon one's economic base even if its managers are doing a bad job and invite the invading Visigoths?
Well the main reason for this is because people straddle the political party line when it comes to issues.

I support the Republican pov on some issues and the Democratic pov on others. When the candidate that best represents my beliefs in the Republican party loses, it is time to reevaluate who I am voting for. This reevaluation process includes crossing party lines.

I think most people that switch parties are just all over the place on issues. Kinda like me. I doubt they are abandoning their party out of anger. they are abandoning their party because they don't actually agree with the direction it is going.

Last edited by Flystripper; 02-01-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote