View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
The two you are thinking of are Alex Jensen and Josh Grant.

I can give you Grant but Alex Jensen dwarfs Burden. Alex Jensen is the best player to ever play in the short history of the MWC (that includes Bogut)
I rest my case. He was good, yes, but there were three players on the final four team who were demonstrably better. As a junior Burden averaged 30+ ppg and was first team all-American. He was a great pro till his knee blew out (Utah only got him because he had what was thought to be a career ending injury in HS.). Jensen never smelled those achievements. In today's game with the 3 point shot and shot clock, Burden would average 40 a game. He led the nation in scoring in Pimm's motion offense.

Jensen was a great role player, not all-century status. But Utah fans rate him way above Andre Miller in polls. Miller was almost solely responsible for Utah's Final Two run. It's not hard to see why the average Ute fan favors Jensen. He reminds them of thesemves. It's kind of disgusting.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 02-14-2008 at 01:16 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote