View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

In 10 years of being a father (my daughter is 14) I have been to exactly "1" father daughter event. I am 1/1 on events that have been offered.

Now... over your lifetime how many events have you been on with your father that was sponsored by the church? I would bet everything I own that the opportunities have been more than 1.

You don't have children so you can't understand where I am coming from.

And it isn't like I don't spend sufficient time with my kids. I have coached my oldest daughter in soccer for 9 years now. My youngest for 4. With practices and games that is 5 days a weeks we spend quite a few hours each week. I would venture that I spend more time with my kids than 75% of the people I know.

And having sat through PEC hundreds of time over the last few years I can tell you that the church would "NEVER" allow father son campout. I have been told this by Bishops and by several Stake Presidents.

The reasons given....

1. It would appear inapropriate.

2. Fear of abuse.

Like I would bring it up here if I hadn't asked someone about it in real life. No need for me to pull a rabbit out of my hat here online.

I am amused that you have a "dislike" for me. I haven't even posted a picture of you with a jar of vasoline on the internet. I have seen it but never thought about using it.