View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #39
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I'm looking for 20 stories like So'oto and Tonga a year. Not stories like Siliaga where he says Bronco ignored him and told him he had to recruit him not vice versa, meanwhile Anderson and KW are building a relationship. Or stories like Kaveinga where he says USC acted like they wanted him more and BYU/Bronco homers say they're glad Bronco didn't fawn after him--that it sets up your program for failure when you go kiss up to HS players like that. If they don't want us, we don't want him.
The interesting thing is we only get the info from one side. Bronco doesn't talk (CAN'T talk for most of the year) about what goes on in recruiting. And you're basing this opinion on only one side of the equation.

I find it hard to believe a kid who says he didn't choose BYU because "they told me I had to recruit them" when, based on stories from other recruits (the ones who chose BYU) the opposite occurred. I'll personally choose to believe the kids that chose BYU as giving a more accurate account of what occurred.

How do you reconcile your belief that BYU doesn't work hard at recruiting with Martinez' claim that Doman has sent him a hand-written letter once a week since the first week it was allowed?
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote