Thread: Hillary is done
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #16
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
And Hillary is low risk? Again, this is wishful thinking.

An 80 year old inarticulate curmudgeon against a young, articulate, inspiring visionary. It's not automatic for the curmudgeon. If anyone can sell a vision of a non-right-wing America, it's Obama.
Tell us again how Obama will never win Texas.

Hillary is a known factor, Obama isn't.

I never said it was automatic, indeed it is an uphill struggle. McCain is not at all likable. But I don't see Obama as invincible. The electoral college map is not his friend. Also, Obama has never faced the type of salvos he will start to face. His wife's comments are the type of thing that energizes electorates. His church will become an issue, further energizing people to vote against Obama.

I still say high risk.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.

Last edited by myboynoah; 02-20-2008 at 02:43 PM.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote