View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #28
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
For me personally, I would say absolutely.

If what you say is accurate, you are someone who, for personal spirutal reasons, does not approve of gay marriage, yet would still treat homosexuals with respect in social and familial settings.

This doesnt sound like homophobia to me. I would assume you feel the same way about....say....smokers? Not a smoker yourself and are against it, but you dont fear or hate smokers as a group.

I think homophobia creeps in when the fear is irrational. Those who think all gays will molest kids, you cant have gays in your home, etc.....that kind of stuff I just dont get. I can appreciate that it is a tough issue, though.
Agree. There are people in the church I would call non-LDS o phobes. Non active=LDS o phobes.

For instance, I would not treat a homosexual couple any different than some people I know who live together and aren't married. As long as they don't push their lifestyle on me or what I am trying to teach my kids.

I teach my kids to get married first. I teach them that is for their benefit not because people who don't are bad people.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote