View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'm all for moving a team to a market where people will buy tickets to see that team play. I just think the owner should pay for his own building, rather than use public funds to pay for even a portion of the cost.

I work from my home; however, my family is getting to the point that I need to have a bigger house. Maybe I can convince the city of Murray to fund the building of a larger home for my family, so I can continue to work from my home. If not, I may have to find another city in Salt Lake County to build me a larger house and I will take my business there.
The only difference is that most would not care if you move your family. People seem to care that the Sonics are leaving. SU doesnt, but others do.

But you are correct. If you can convince the public to fund your house, why wouldn't you?

Besides, you are conveniently ignoring precendent. It is very common for the public to pay for sports arenas. I can see if this was a rarity, but it isnt. Which is why he is leaving. Like I said, those who love the free market should be thrilled.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote