View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Let's take sister BEck at her word that this was inspired by God. Do you think this is an example of aninstacne where God inspired a pure and true idea which was executed less perfectly or less effectiverly than it could have been? I think this might happen more often than we realize.
I don't think there is an effective way of communicating what the LDS Church views as the ideal role for women. It is just such a powder keg that I see no method of accomplishing that end without someone being offended. I am not a big fan of Tex, but IMO he has hit this one on the head. People don't like or agree with the current LDS position on the issue so they were going to piss and moan no matter how carefully Sister Beck presented her message. This crap about hurt feelings of those who didn't get last weeks cheerios goo out of Lil Eliza's dress is bullshit. They just don't like the old fashioned role - even if they live that role out of choice.

That said, I see no reason she needs to hide behind an apostle. She should just say take that which you feel is applicable to make your life, home, marital relationship and family relationship better and apply it. And dammit we don't believe felatio is a sin!

Or something like that.