Thread: Mavs vs Jazz
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

As good as the West is, it has issues. The Lakers are one bad hit on a little pinky from being a nonissue. Now, if Kobe stays healthy, this is a very good team.

San Antonio is terrific and as usual, will be difficult.

Utah is the next best but they have to be able to win on the road and their defense must improve.

NO is too young. I wouldn't be suprised if they lost in the 1st round...I would be shocked if they won in the second round.

Phoenix is in trouble. Pick any good West Conf team with Parker, Deron, Paul, heck even Fisher and their eyes will light up like a Christmas tree if they get to run the pick and roll against Shaq. Phoenix became a lesser defensive team by losing Marion and a lesser offensive team by losing Marion.

The Mavs--I like Kidd and he will put up decent numbers but he will get killed by all the great guards in the conference. Their lack of inside game is brutal too...when your only player that ever is down low is Dampier, that is trouble.

Nuggets--Too crazy. Yes, they may shock everyone and win a first round game, but these guys can implode as well.

Rockets--Yes, they are still winning without Yao...but that will not continue. I wouldn't be shocked to see them get to the playoffs though...but I would be shocked if they got out the first round.

Golden State--fun, but no defense means that they won't get past the 2nd round. If they play the Jazz, Spurs or Lakers, it means an easy first round exit.

My current rankings:
1. Lakers
2. SA
3. Utah
4. NO
5. Mavs
6.Suns
7. Houston
8. Nugs or GState

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote