View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #25
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Another benefit of a large migrant population.

We pay a group of ladies to come to our house once a week and do a nice thorough clean....they come on fridays for about 3 hours. There are 3 of them.

For $25 a week, we get:

1. Full vacuum of all rooms and steps
2. Bathroom countertops, tubs, mirrors, toilets (including folding the corners of the exposed piece of toilet paper)
3. Kitchen--clean countertops, polish appliances
4. Downstairs--clean wood floor with some sort of mop and wood cleaner thing
5. Throughout--Dust windowsills and take out trash

I just factor that into our cost of living, as though it were part of my mortgage payment.

It could quite possibly be the best money we spend. Not only does my wife get some help during the day, it makes our house look deep cleaned for several days, and my wife can take off with the kids for 3 hours every Friday morning to do something fun....she gets to recharge her batteries.

You can pay more for them to come more often, but once a week is about all we need. The rest of the time, she doesnt feel overwhelmed. Plus, I dont mind doing stuff when I get home. I almost always vacuum at least once a week, but mostly because I like to do it.
Wait a minute, three workers for three hours for $25 total? 25/(3*3) = $2.78/hr. Those are slave wages. You feel good about that?