View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Again, I didn't say he shouldn't be prosecuted--meaning that as a matter of law, the families (and/or the state) certainly have that right.

My comment that it would be a remarkable gesture comes in the spirit of this story, and this principle. It's called forgiveness.

http://lds.org/conference/talk/displ...559-26,00.html

Similar thoughts occupy my mind as it concerns the two foolish young missionaries in Colorado. You all are far too eager to cast fire and brimstone at people.

Jay santos, are you listening?

SO then what do you think? You take absolutely no position here at all. You claijm you didn't say he shouldn't be prowscuted, but you say it woudl be nice if he wasn't, just like the missionaries (which is a differnt amtter altogether) and you say I am casting fire and brimstone here. SO read the articel and take a position pal. In this case, knowing what you know, sherrif deputy, wrong side of the road, two dead and one critically injured people, shoul or should not the prosecutor pursue charges, and to help you out a little, assume there is never any more info about intent. SO what do YOU think here?

I hearde the prophet give that talk, btw. It does not change my mind here one iota. COmpeltely different circumstacnes and a prosecutiojn here is needed to help set a public view of unacceptable behavior on roads. Incarcerating a kid that drops a turkey on a car is not likely to ever deter another kid form some other foolsih stunt. Prosecuting drivers for this sort of accident will almost certainly result in some deterrence in the future.