View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Against teams as athletic as UNLV, that has been the way BYU has played for a very long time. BYU seeks to get out and score in transition through good ball movement. UNLV was able to force BYU out of that through great transition defense. In the half court set, BYU seeks to go inside out and force teams to double on Trent and then kill them with good ball movement to find the wide open guy on the perimeter. Trent wasn't doing his part to demand a double team tonight so it went downhill from there.

To be honest with you the offense was not the reason BYU lost. Even in the second half they still got good looks - even the 3's as many were uncontested. The issue was the inability to defend the UNLV penetration which resulted in too many offensive boards for the Rebels.
I agree with your last paragraph.

I was just shocked that what I saw tonight might be what we generally try to do on any given night. From what I understand you to be saying, it is NOT. I dont know what TP's reluctance was on offense. He could have had his way. I did notice that he was a bit cold in the first few minutes of the first half. I wonder if he got into his own head.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote