View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 AM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
What I mean by over-rated is that he's not the best player in the NBA. 2nd best. As far as MVP voting, he's 3rd. Kobe, Paul, LeBron, McGrady (by pure virtue of the streak). Any talk of LeBron as MVP isn't really deserved. His team in the west would be 10th and out of the playoffs. Kobe has his team in a tie for first in the west.
I would honestly rank my top 5 like this:

1) Lebron
2) Kobe
3) McGrady
4a) Paul
4b) Williams (yes, I am being a bit of a Jazz homer, but his season is being underrated, IMO, and this is my top 5.)

Also, as far as teams are concerned, take Kobe off of LA and you have a 25 win team. Take Lebron off of Cleveland and even in the east and you have a 10-15 win team. I understand what you are saying, but the Cavs have held their own against the West. They are 2-0 against the Lakers, 1-1 v. the Jazz, 1-1 v. the Warriors, 1-1 v. San Antonio, 0-2 v. Houston (both games during Houston's 22-game winning streak), and 0-2 v. Phoenix. Slightly under .500 against the top teams in the West, which is respectable. I'd be interested in seeing everybody else's record against the top teams in the West. I'd bet you'd find a few of the top teams with records under .500 too.

IMO, in a normal season either Kobe or Lebron would be running away with the MVP. The only difference is this year they are going head to head and are both worthy of the award. Whoever wins it honestly deserves it, because what they are each doing this year is phenomenal.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote