View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #16
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I think you see BYU play 2 wideouts on most formations and occasionally 3. With Keneauka Friel and Pitta and George, not to mention adding a hopefull fully healthy Fui along with JJ to the running back corps it is likely that 3 of the 5 elgible skill players will either be tight ends or backs every play.

Saying that I see BYU playing 4 wideouts any amount next year. I figure they will be Collie, Reed, Ashworth and Chambers. Ashworth didn't do much in 2005, but he is experienced and physical. I would see BYU leaning heavily upon Reed and Collie for the first few games and then seeing more and more of Ashworth and Chambers, probably at the expense of less and less of Michael Reed.
Actually this is a year where I think you might see BYU employing more 4 wideout sets than you have in the past simply because now we can with more depth and talent there.

Also Pitta has lost almost 20 pounds in the off-season and is now between 245-250. Last year,,,according to his Dad he was playing at around 265.

But I agree about BYU leaning heavily on Collie and Reed for the first few games while the other youngsters get their feet wet, but BYU is working on some "new wrinkles" this year and don't be surprised to see some 4 WR sets in the upcoming as the new guys get more experience.

By 4 WR sets too....I include Pitta in that as last year he was mostly lining up as a WR, and not at his traditional TE spot. And that was due to necessity from a lack of depth at WR and also to exploit matchups against smaller linebackers in the slot.