View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
This made me think of one of the greatest SNL skits of all time. Old school, back in Eddie Murphy's day.

He does this "invesitgative journalism" piece wherein he puts on white makeup, dresses like a white person, and experiences what daily life is like as a white person. To prepare for the role, he learns to walk like a white person and talk like a white person by "reading a lot of greeting cards."

He finally goes out into the world as Mr. White and experiences all sorts of surprises....white people dont charge each other anything at retail locations, white people can get huge loans from banks with little or no credit or income, and, in perhaps the funniest stint, when there are no black people on public transportation, the bus becomes a party atmosphere with cocktails, music, and comfort women.

I am laughing just thinking about this skit. Has anyone else seen it? You usually see it every now and then on the "Best of SNL" specials.
I saw that when it first aired. Very, very funny,

BTW, Eddie Murphy is not old school SNL - that would be:

Dan Akroyd
John Belushi
Chevy Chase
Jane Curtain
Garret Morris
Bill Murray
Lorraine Newman
Gilda Radner

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote