View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #40
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I was referring to the fact that from posts I've seen the consensus on CB seems to be that banishment of polygamy was bullshit, the government's illegalization of it has violated the First Amendment, and polygamy ought to be reinstated, especially if gay marriage becomes the norm.

I don't know if that is fair. My worries about what is going on in Texas has nothing to do with my wanting to protect my religion against it's earlier days.

I have long been a, hey if you've done nothing wrong, what do you care if you are wire tapped, illegally searched, etc.

My dealing with the justice system in America over the last decade has lestened my blind faith a great deal.

I know for a fact that somewhere in the state of Utah people get more harsh justice because of some guys affiliation with the LDS church. He takes his religion to the bench. I don't doubt that goes on in Texas with the Baptists.

As far as I am concerned they can lock up all those wacko's and throw them in jail. However, it does concern me that someday someone might just call me the wacko.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote