Thread: Volunteers
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Best thing you can do to pay it forward....once your kids are 1, go back and visit expectant mothers of twins or HOMs on bedrest in extended stay.

They will be very grateful for your visit, and will be very inspired by seeing your healthy babies.

My wife and I go back to the hospital where our trips were born....each Halloween we carve pumpkins, each Christmas we take some presents, all for the moms on extended stay.

Often, these women are in bed for 4 or more weeks (in my wife's case, months) and either are going stir crazy or are giving up mentally and dont see the need to continue. they would rather just "give up" and have the babies preemie. But they dont get that every day longer in the womb is possibly one less day in the NICU.

Anyway, this is something we do as a family and have loved the experiences. We have never left with dry eyes when we go visit these women. And it makes us remember our stay at the hospital and the NICU.

Congrats on your twins.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote