View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #94
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Provide some links? You mean other than your posts?

I'll retract my comments to say that nobody I know but Obama suck ups don't have a problem with it. I can admit when I am wrong.

I do appreciate the links you did provide. I'll take a look at them, though I did notice that you emphasized in another post this:

[/B]Nothing in that conclusion indicates that people who cling to guns and religion are bitter. That is what Obama said. How you can defend it is incomprehensible.
No, Il Pad. That isn't what he said. What you have done is flip his statement and rephrased it in the form of a fallacy. If some of group A are members of group B, it does not follow that all of group B are members of Group A.

I am not sure what you think you see in the post I emphasized. As is widely documented, the US is, overall, much more religious for its levels of prosperity than other nations in comparable positions. As I noted, however, within the US the general trend still holds that those from poorer backgrounds tend to be much more religious than those from wealthier backgrounds (which is why I gave you a link showing that to be true as well).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote