View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Customers who bought the Superfly:

Quote:
"I bought this stove about a year ago. It is a bad design. The arms that the pot rests on is screwed into the top of the stove and because it is a stove and it gets hot the screw and arms are messed up and are unstable it is also a little hard to turn the arms into open position because the heat destroyed the way it was attached. It did do an awesome job of heating and but the autostarter also messed up and does not work anymore"
Quote:
If you're going above 12000 ft or going to very cold weather region, keep in mind that butane canister stove does not work very well. But for most backpacking uses, it's fine. But this applies to all butane canister models not just Superfly. Only downside I can think of is the storage. Because it doesn't fold up (the wings folds up but that's it), it doesn't store very well in a backpack. If you have a 1L plus pot, it will fit in there but that means you have a butane canister that will have go elsewhere (I usually put my butane canister in the pot)."
Quote:
However, when using a wind screen with the stove, the added heat melted and destroyed the plastic parts of the piezo ignitor."
Quote:
The only negatives I've found are the lack of windscreen (performance suffers in wind, but you can make your own of rocks, pads, etc.) and not igniting in cold weather (less than 30 degrees F).The only negatives I've found are the lack of windscreen (performance suffers in wind, but you can make your own of rocks, pads, etc.) and not igniting in cold weather (less than 30 degrees F).

MSR SUPERFLY

RATING: 3 STARS

MSR DRAGONFLY
RATING: 4 STARS

Last edited by MikeWaters; 04-17-2008 at 10:43 PM.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote