View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a great question with probably a good answer coming from the experts. You may wish to ask Creekster or Lebo, as they are the old gents of our group. SEIQ, being an expert in media, probably has some great ideas.

Rather than answers, I might put forward some questions.

First, determine as a teacher what the meat of the lesson is, and find a way to humanize it to your group. If you know the struggles which are publicly known to the group/quorum, figure a way to bring it back to the group.

Second, ascertain what the level of the group is, what the ranges are, in order to determine what may or may not be acceptable parameters. Polyandry may or may not benefit certain groups.

Third, determine ahead who might derail conversations and find a nice way to divert it back to the subject.

Fourth, read the manual, see what is not included on the subject and ask yourself why that aspect is not included. Example, why is polyandry not included? Can you find a reason why not to include it? For Book of Mormon, why are Deutero Isaiah aspects of Second Nephi not discussed? Why is the unity of Isaiah not discussed?

Fifth, research what is not included, and examine them in connection to the whole picture and ponder why the parts which have been included are included and why the parts which have been included are included? What does this tell you about the subject matter?

I'll add additional thoughts later. The only reason is that I struggle to stay interested, and use many techniques to find a reason to pay attention.