View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
I grew up being taught this myself. Then I moved to Utah and realized it's easy to tell how complacent a Mormon is when they are your neighbor, your coworker, etc. You see them all the time and know more about their daily activities. Out here in the "mission field" (as Mormons outside Utah love calling it) you don't often see your ward members or other Mormons outside of church so you don't really know how complacent they really are. I for one am just as complacent here in Mississippi as I was in Utah.
And then there's the 'mission field' members claiming their superior involvement in their wards/branches..."I have four callings, and spend half my week at the church."

It's normal human behavior to compare yourself to others, and even more normal to look for things about them that show your superiority.

For example, I can look at Adam's posts and point out how I'm not as insane as he is. I can also point to exutes posts and point out how I'm not quite that big an idiot.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote