View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #28
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Agree with Dan's post except the last sentence. My understanding of due process is way higher than a 1. I have less understanding where the state's special interest in protecting minors is involved. UtahDan is right though that depriving parental rights temporarily in order to ensure against risk or possiblity of continued abuse and afford due process isn't a violation of due process. He's also right in that people who read CNN or Fox or the local paper and draw ultimate conclusions are fools. I've had some recent experience in fact and can tell you that they are mostly interested in printing the sensatioal and prurient and sensationalizing innuendo or easily explainable events. They aren't interested in reporting about competence or honesty or good and consciencious work or decisions. The good hard and honest and fair work that goes on most places in this country doesn't make the newspapers.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote