View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #50
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
When did he first disavow Wright's political support?

I see no absolutes. I'll allow McCain his little daliance with Hagee. Politics allows for strange bedfellows working together for a common end.

McCain's involvement with Hagee pales in comparison to Obama's with Wright. Hagee's statements pale in comparison to Wright's blatherings.

I question Obama's invlovement with Wright over a 20 year period of time. I question Obama taking his kids to a church that spews forth such hate. I question Obama bringing Wright into his campaign.

What are your thoughts on Obama and Wright?
I really enjoy hearing Mormons, of all groups, getting upset about comments from a spiritual leader that were offensive or that called into question the greatness of the nation. I suggest you read your own church's history before deciding the level of inappropriateness of Wright's statements.

As for Hagee's comments, I find them far more offensive than Wright's. I assume when you say they "pale in comparison," that means you don't actually know what Hagee has said. Should I post a list of his greatest hits?

You are now back to saying it is purely a judgement issue with Obama. I am having a hard time keeping up with your evolving arguments. Does McCain suffer from a lapse in judgement with Hagee/Falwell? If not, why? What is the difference? You want to make it out to be an issue of length of time, but that would seem to only indicate that Obama's judgement was poor for a long time (and now corrected) and that McCain's is poor for a short time (including now). Not sure that advances your case.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote