View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not too sure what to think about BYU and the upcoming season. I don't know how much of their porous defense is returning, though I'd love to have Cameron Jensen playing for the UTes. The dude is a gamer. If the BYU D-line can't get a decent pass rush going, the opposing QB will have a field day against the Dbs.

Beck is a very solid QB. I think he'll have a fine season especially if he gets enough time from his O-line. Brown is a very good RB and should have another good season. I don't have any thought on the receivers, but I don't think they could possibly drop more passes than Watkins did last year.

I actually like Mendenhall's enthusiasm, but I believe he's setting himself up for some serious trouble if he is as set on recruiting only LDS kids as he seems to be, as that would severely limit his recruiting pool. Of course, I may be off-base in thinking that he only wants to recruit LDS kids and if I am, it wouldn't be surprising. Did he ever say anything like this?

Now a question for you folks: would you be happy with 7 wins and a bowl game with a bowl loss? Or would only a bowl eligible season with a bowl win be acceptable? Last year, Utah's season was a bit disappointing, but a bowl win made it much easier to accept.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote