View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #62
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
The point isn't that Jordan pushed him 7 feet away. The point is that Jordan pushed him. It was not incidental contact. It was intentional.

I've been trying to find the Mike Mathis interview with Jim Rome last summer when the Tim Donaghey scandal blew up. Mathis was talking about questionable officiating that has been going on for years and he specifically brought up the Jordan push off. Mathis is considered on of the best and most fair officials in the history of the league, so if he's questioned it, there is more to it than most would like to admit.
Oh, my bad. If you are only contending that MJ did, in fact, touch him, then I agree 100%. He obviously touched him.

My contention is that the contact was not significant. His touching him did not cause B to go flying.

No ref is going to make that call at the very end of a game, and in the NBA finals no less. It isnt just an MJ thing. Look at the recent ending to the Jazz game...Deron is caught in mid air, it looks like he got tapped a bit, he put up a shot, the shot gets blocked. Game over. Refs let the players play it out in last-second situations.

A better clip for that game would also show a few seconds before, when Malone gets lazy, doesnt pay attenion, and allows MJ to swipe the ball away from him. That is what lost that game for the Jazz, not Mini B's on-court spasmodic behavior.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote