View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #66
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
This is one of the reasons the NBA has become unwatchable. Fouls are fouls if there is 11:50 in the first quarter or 0:0.1 in the 4th quarter. It should be consistent for 48 minutes.

If I wanted to be a conspiracy theorist, I would point to a Bulls/Jazz game a few years earlier that went into triple OT with the Jazz finally winning. Jordan fouled Jeff Malone with 2 seconds left and got whistled for it. Jordan then went berserk and bumped the official who then whistled Jordan for a T and tossed Jordan from the game. Malone hit all 4 FTs and the Jazz won the game.

Phil Jackson whined about it saying that those fouls are not supposed to be called in the last 2 minutes or so and Jordan griped about it similarly. Poor babies.

The next season, that referee was gone and has never officiated in the NBA again.

That is a much more likely conspiracy to protect MJ.
Kind of like MLB conspiracies that allowed Jeffrey Maier to reach in and nab jeter's pop out from tarasco. You should know better than anyone else here that THAT call was bogus.

but it was the playoffs. and it was the Yankees and Derek Freaking Jeter. So they let him have his HR.

Happens in all sports.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote