View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

King of Kong is very cool, esp if you are at all a fan of the 80s.

March of the Penguins is a nice nature one...my kids actually enjoy it. Not sure about the repeat value of this one, though.

Riding Giants is fantastic. If you enjoy that one, check out Endless Summer (1 or 2, although 1 is better) and Step Into Liquid, which is great.

I recently watched "Wetback," which chronicles the journey of several immigrants from Central America trying to work their way up through Mexico and over the border. It is actually very gripping and parts are sad.

"Deliver Us From Evil" I posted about this one a month or so ago. Watched it on TV one night. Very upsetting but fascinating look at a pedophile priest that was eventually moved to Ireland, and away from US prosecutors. There are interviews with his victims (who are now adults) as well as with the priest himself, who talks openly about his continued pedophilic tendencies.

The 70s movie "Woodstock" is a great look into the festival itself, as well as excellent footage. If you are fan of music, you really should check that one out.

"The Times of Harvey Milk" chronicles the career and influence of the legendary gay activist in SF, including his assassination.

"When we were Kings" this one also won an academy award for best doc. Ali/Foreman Rumble in the Jungle. Ali was before my time, but this really shows him at the height of his political prowess. We also see Ali's famous "Rope a Dope" strategy that was used to wear out Foreman. Very interesting.

"Into the Arms of Strangers" is excellent. About the transport of Jewish children smuggled out or escaping Nazi Germany and taken to live in England. We saw this one in the theater and it certainly was emotional.

Just a few of the ones I have enjoyed.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote