View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #22
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Your story of sibling violence reminds me of one of my own...

I was about 6 and my older sister was about 11. She kept taunting me and telling me that I couldnt catch her. It was really making me mad. So I grabbed a broom and started chasing her, trying to hit her with it. She just kept taunting, making me more and more angry. She was older, and in fact, I could NOT catch her, so I grew flustered fairly quickly.

Just as I was about to catch up with her, she ran through the front door and slammed the screen door shut....unfortunately, I was on the downstroke of a broom-swing at the time. I ripped a gash about 1 foot long through the screen door.

We both froze and looked at what had happened. Then, to break the silence, my sister said in that obnoxious older sibling voice...."OOOoooooooh! BUSTED!"

I basically lost it at that point. I started crying and was so angry, also scared that my dad was going to beat the crap out of me for ripping the door.

There is a happy ending to my story. When my dad came home, he did beat the crap out of me. But he also laid it down on my sister, too. And while she was crying, taking her whipping, I stuck my tongue out at her. Moral victory was mine!
My sister is two years older than me, and last christmas we were all sitting around talking about old times, when someone brings up how much me and her used to fight. She suddenly starts to cry and says "remember when you chased me down the hallway with a knife?"

I did not remember doing it but I am sure it happened. She said she locked herself in the bathroom and I sat by the door until my parents came home.

I had serious anger management issues as a young child.