View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, yes, the joys of internet access, sitting in the air conditioned dining hall, sipping ice water and punch.

I also wonder when they started putting in clean flushing toilets, and private hot showers (for both boys and adults).

This is probably the top camp in this part of the country, and must be among the best in the nation. For one, this camp offers more merit badges than any other in the country.

Heck they even do a fly fishing , all day outing for adults that want to go.

Three of my boys are going on an all day white water kayaking trip today, and the other goes tomorrow. Horseback riding, skiing (they have a freaking artificial ski slope), you name it. Even electrical outlets in the camp.

Best thing--hardly any mosquitos, and nighttime temp of 50 degrees. Food? Standard cafeteria fare, but much better than most camps I am told (it's been a longtime since I had been to scout camp, and my palate has developed in those years). Plus it is all you can eat. This camp pretty much rocks. Only downside is that we are little bit too closely packed together (leading to my consternation about our noise pollution). But next year they will be spacing us out...

http://halescoutreservation.org/
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote