View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
guy who has served a mission, gone to church since he was born, has no children at home, has no wife to please, has read the scriptures numerous times, shouldn't feel obligated going to Priesthood meeting if he doesn't need the comraderie (sp).

If he uses the time to listen to a good conference talk or devotional, don't you agree with me it isn't any big deal if he doesn't show up to Priesthood meeting.
What do you mean by obligated? You describe attending Priesthood as some type of litmus test or rite of passage without offering to us unwashed masses what great privilege your inspired Priesthood leaders are depriving you.

If you are asking would I find you worthy for a temple recommend, assuming you hit all the other worthiness checkmarks, my answer would be it depends but probably yes. I would ask some question, as to why you choose not to go and then give it to you because I am a big tent guy and believe in giving all the latitude to God and erring on the side of inclusion. My logic would be perhaps temple attendance might motivate you to better participate in the meetings of the Church.