View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #27
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Only those who have taken "Persecution Complex 101" at an accredited LDS school, seminary, or institute of religion are equipped to fully identify Krakauer's insidious agenda.

As Seattle Ute wrote, I think Krakauer's biggest flaw is unoriginality - hardly unexpected in the journalisty "inside report" genre. On the other side of the coin, LDS writer Lee Benson is just as unoriginal (and probably more prone to inaccuracy) in his LDS sports books.
Do we have a mormon academic gently mocking mormons in general for a persecution complex? While we mormons are a lot that wear our persecution complex on our sleeves, my experience on Cougarguard has taught me that the subgroup within the subculture leading the way on stringpulling about persecution are the academics. None of you will give another any street cred until he/she has some sad story about ecclesiastical interference/threats.

Needlenecked pussies!