View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Out of curiosity, what does your wife think about it? My wife disagrees with me on this one. She's generally more conservative anyway, so it's not a huge shock, but she feels that letting gay people marry does negatively affect traditional marriage. I think she (and maybe other women...hence my question) views marriage differently, although I'm not sure I can explain how.

I'm with you though--I think it's very akin to other legal activities that we don't participate in, and I think it's beneficial for all involved when the government stays out of legislating morality (to the extent that it's possible).
My wife wasnt really for it or against it when we were first married. In fact, both of us kind of toed the company line, so to speak.

Then one of my best friends came out of the closet....around 2002. She was also affected by that because he was a close friend of ours. We have all stayed close and fortunately, our relationship is even better now (although not without some challenges).

Since that happened, we are both of the same mind on this issue. I dont judge your wife and I am sure she is a wonderful loving person. But I am grateful that my wife and I are on the same page because this can be a very polarizing issue.

If gays start getting married today, I just dont get how it changes anything my wife and I are doing in our home....what we teach our kids, how we interact with others, our dedication to each other, etc..my wife has expressed a similar sentiment.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote