View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #28
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Do you have kids? If so, how many art museums have you taken them through?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

If I'm wrong, tell me your secret. When we've gone anywhere, we've had to switch off watching kids with another couple to see anything cultural. My kids really enjoy...well, childrens museums. Well, that and dinosaur bones--they did sort of enjoy the Field Museum in Chicago--but liked the Aquarium MUCH better.

The fact that museums are on this list at all (as well as some of the cities highlighted) tells me these people don't have kids.

Speaking of museums--has anyone ever been to the wildlife museum in St George? My kids loved that one.
The secret is don't do too much at one time. I forgot to mention I took my 7 year old and four year old boys to the recently completed ancient Roman/Renaissance art exhibit from the Louvre here in Seattle. The ancient Roman stuff (where were breathtaking, I felt better than the Met's permanent Classical exhibit) resonated because we've been reading books on Classical antiquity.

Elementary school tours are a staple and a daily activity at art museums everywhere.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote