View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #96
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Yes, let's get it on the table--what proof is necessary regarding the historicity of the book of Mormon, for SU to believe it is history, or what it says it is.
We know the Bible has been around at least since King Saul and/or King David. Regardless of its "historicity" the book is a 2,500 year old artifact. You can debate endlessly about the Bible's historicity, and there's a lot to talk about.

I'll give the Book of Mormon this much: It's a roughly 170-year-old artifact. That's all we have. It gave rise to the LDS movement and that deserves a lot of consideration. But there's nothing to talk about before some 170 years ago, and anything more is just a hustle. Prove me wrong.

I also concede this much: Like Sterling McMurrin I don't believe the world works in the way Joseph described, heavenly visitors and gold books, etc.

I will concede this much: I've finally found an honest apologist. Indy: "You asked for a mustard seed and I gave you one. What's your problem?" LOL.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote