View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
We fleeced the Grizzlies. But they got what they wanted. In terms of what they could have got had they shopped him around? Who knows? I mean, they're not going to get a super star for him. Is he worth a high draft pick? Probably not. Would you trade a lottery pick for him? Maybe. But that's not necessarily what they wanted. They've tried for a few years to build around him as the franchise player and it got them to the playoffs but never helped them win a playoff game. So they blow up the team, get some additional picks and expiring contracts to go after a free agent and rebuild.

And if you think that those 2nd rounds picks from the Lakers were throwaways look at what the Lakers have done with theirs in recent years (Turiaf and Walton). They also got Marc Gasol who in a few years can be as good as Pau and has been playing well in Europe now.
If the Grizzlies actually go after and land a significant player in Free Agency, I'll cut them more slack. I'll even cut them some slack if they make an honest attempt at a marque player in Free Agency, even if they don't sign them. But honestly... can you think of a worse trade in recent history in the NBA?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote