View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #29
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think Dream is bad, I watch all of the cards, and they are free on HDnet so its a good option. However I dont follow the Asian fighters as much as the ones in the US. I do know that Aoki has some crazy ways to pull guard, but I still think he would get blasted by BJ Penn.

Also Fusnik if you really think that the first 4 fights on the CBS card were world class you are up in the night. The Brett Rogers fight was two bums going at it. Phil Baroni is a never-was, Carano and Young was good for a chick fight, Smith and Lawler could have been a fight of the year candidate had they not stopped it.

But CBS said they stopped it because they didnt want anything to get to gruesome on TV. That is why the CBS production is a joke, also Caitlin Young said she was ready to go another round and the CBS officials told her that "we dont want to see a girl get beat up this bad" so they stopped it.

EliteXC has lost money 3 years in a row, and the ratings for their next card will not be anywhere close, and wait until Gary Shaw puts together the "all-women" card that he has been talking about, throw that on CBS and see who watches it.