View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
I'm not rabidly anti-abortion. That is to say, I do not favor making it illegal. But on the moral side of it, I look at one of my children and ask myself how far do I need to go back in their development for it to be morally acceptable for me to kill them. I can't say there is a point where that seems okay to me, unless we are talking about a health of the mother issue. I don't make that judgment for others, which is why I don't favor any ban, but for me it is the shedding of innocent blood which is only okay if it is to save another (or during war).
I generally agree with your sentiment, but then if I really think about it, I have to ask myself, "how can I be okay with other people shedding innocent blood"?

Maybe I need to become more rabidly anti-abortion because when you get right down to it, is there anything more evil than snuffing out an innocent person's life? I know, I know, the argument is about whether a fetus is a "person".

Either way, thinking about the high number of abortions done makes me quite sad, especially when in the context of my own children, as you have already described.
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote