View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
WHen I was executive secretary in a bishoproc a few years ago we had a sister in the ward who was a real superstar. Capbhle, charitable, friendly, loving, talented, she had it all and everybody loved her and I bnever saw her atempt something that didn't result in a great sucess. The intersting thing is that every time, and I mean EVERY time there was a reorganization of some auxialliary, or there was an opening ofr a teacher, she was asked for by the organization. If the bishop had given her to every body that asked, she would have changed clalings at least once a month and I am not exaggerating.

I think it is a little like finding someone to marry. You find someone that is right for you but they are not the ONLY one that could ever be right for you. Callings are like this. I have no doubt that most or even all of the people asking for this sister were indeed correct that she was perfect for the job, but she was not the only one and others could and did serve in those spots with success as well. The bishop has to eb the final word and it is his stewardship to so act.
Everyone keeps talking past each other when I think Creekster summed up the answer already. Good post, Creekster.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote