View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #49
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
You keep building this straw man. It does not have to be league-wide to be a major problem, nor does it have to involve all of the refs. Nor does it mean that a push by an officiating crew to influence a game is always successful. That is why your earlier list of contrary outcomes proves nothing.

And I guess conspiracy is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I hate the thought of superstars getting soft treatment. Few people would argue that that doesn't happen. The entire question is how far is the league willing to go to influence outcomes?
Jeff, it's not us but you that's building a straw man. The topic started on the Donaghy claims. I posted a general comment that the idea of a wide-spread conspiracy is ludicrous. Mike chose to argue that point, and the argument grew from there.

So, indeed, the argument here IS about a wide-spread conspiracy. It's never been about a single ref influencing a single game for personal reasons. The fact that you are trying to make that the argument is the ONLY straw man that's been built in this thread.

Indeed, your argument proves nothing. DDD's list certainly does provide evidence contrary to a wide-spread conspiracy.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote