View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Constructing a self-sufficient home

Or, alternatively titled, "how to build a bunker."

I have long been interested in eventually living in a home that was energy self-sufficient and provided it own water where possible, and all that good stuff.

One of my good friends is an architect and I have talked to him over the years about this. We just talked today and he is very interested in designing and building a place with the above ideas, as well as plans for storage and security, all in an unobtrusive fashion.

Before you think I'm going Koresh on you, I like the idea of living in a piece of art. A well thought out home. A unique home. Typically my favorite houses in a city are the ones that are intriguing, different, out of place. There is this neat house not far from where I live that looks from the back like a half-buried piece of cement. Well, the house recently went on the market. I was surprised to learn that it had been featured in architectural stuff, and I was even more surprised to learn the pricetag: over a million dollars (probably by far the most expensive house in the neighborhood by a factor of 2 or 3).

Now if my security code ends up being 4 8 15 16 23 42 THEN you can be worried about me!

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote