View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
I don't have time to give you an economics lesson right now, but google "asymmetric information," for more on why banking needs to be regulated, take a class on quantitative methods at your local JC and then review the empirical literature on the elasticity of the labor supply on the top income bracket, and then we'll have an intelligent discussion.
I know what the f..ing bastards teach in those classes, but I disagree with their methods and assumptions.

You're just referring to Keynsian bullshit, and you know it. Just because one can throw terms around doesn't mean you know about a damn thing about running a business, making a small sub industry function or how to stimulate real growth.

Yes, one can read the "leading" economic publications to arrive any conclusion or to justify any position one desires. That doesn't mean in reality it works. It's rhetoric. In short, it's a political decision to justify what you want to do, wealth redistribution in order to grab power. You can do your regression analyses, paint your fancy graphs, but none of you really wish to benefit anybody other than yourselves. That's the bottom line. Economic wars are fought with words now, not ships and guns.

Macro-economics is bullshit. You don't control or account for enough variables to ever get it right. In order to make it work right, you'd need to be a quasi-benevolent dictator a la those in Singapore, treating the populace as work units of production.

But you have failed to address the consequences of a high level of government employment in non-productive job sectors, the high concentration of the GNP on non-discretionary spending, and whether having a trade deficit is good or bad.

You're not cynical at all at anything coming from your side. Try cynicism.